Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A portrait of middle age

I guess it's probably time to dust this thing off. Seems like once you get stuck into a career the other things take a back seat. Things like updating blogs. That's probably because the days seem to fade into each other, and there doesn't seem to be much to write about. You know the routine, wake up, go to work, come home, eat, chill, sleep, repeat. I could write about my days at work, which are sometimes quite interesting - but it's likely a good thing that I don't since I shouldn't talk about some things in a public forum. Public servants are supposed to be neutral politically.

All that being said, I still think the blog is important. I won't add much to it this time around, but it's about inertia.  Once you get going it's easier to keep going.

This post is about a picture. Brendan drew it. He recently purchased a charcoal set, and has been having a go at unleashing his artistic side. Many artists draw what is right in front of them, and Brendan did just that. Unfortunately he captured me, at my typical position on the couch with the laptop. I can't imagine how many hours of my life over the last 4 years have been spent in exactly this position. Kinda makes me laugh and cry all at once. 


2 comments:

Brendan said...

And the 'artist'
is in the reflection of the glass door, between the blinds.

Brendan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.